Dirty Trick For Getting Backlinks From Google

Might be thinking from the title what I am going to share with you today and why it is called ‘Dirty’. I won’t let you wait for it; The thing is called ‘Google Notebook‘.

Google Notebook is a web research tool that allows users to clip text, search results, and images from web pages and place them in notebooks for later use.

Notebook entries can be defined as public or private. So, here’s the rub.While surfing on the net I came to know about this trick according to which you can easily get some backlinks from your article or notes published in your Google notebook.

So I published an article into my Google notebook with some links pointing towards my blog and when I checked the links that whether it is Dofollow or Nofollow and OMG, these links were Do-Follow. You can check it here. Since I have done this trick just few days back so I am expecting that it will surely show some results to me after some days. Meanwhile, I also came to know that these pages gets listed on Microsoft search Engine fast which is the amongst the top 10 sites of the world.

I think that links in Google notebook might be a good thing to do for a little backlinks and deep links for interior site pages, but interlinking them in this fashion along with nonsense content screams spammm. What are your opinions about it?

[Update: Google have stopped new sign-ups for Google Notebook. Therfore you can not try this method if you haven’t registered for it earlier. Sorry!]

Kok Siong November 22, 2009 at 8:54 am

Oh! It is too late for me to read this article! No chance for me to create backlink from google anymore. Anyway, thanks for sharing!
.-= Cytogenetics and Cancer Research´s last blog ..Apoptosis | Type 1 Programmed Cell Death Pathway =-.

Senthil Ramesh December 12, 2009 at 9:43 am

Of course. Not only you. We all people are too late to read this.

Holly Jahangiri December 2, 2009 at 12:25 pm

Interesting. I signed up for Google Notebook ages ago and completely forgot about it! Now you’ve shown me a new use for it. Thanks! (Not sure it’s going to result in anything significant, but I doubt Google’s going to penalize anyone for using it as long as they’re not just posting spam and garbage.) I set up a notebook to keep track of virtual book tours – and it just happens to have a link to mine! 🙂
.-= Holly Jahangiri´s last blog ..5 Fun WordPress Plug-Ins You CAN Live Without – But Won’t Want To =-.

Senthil Ramesh December 12, 2009 at 9:34 am

I think google cant penalize for us using this trick. Better follow it and if u got penalised do inform me LOL

akira07 December 6, 2009 at 5:42 am

And now all is over, we can’t use the technique. I’m regret not registering to it early…
But i’m sure typhoon always ready to give us new technique 😛
Oh, please…!!! Not the dirty one again LOL
.-= akira07´s last blog ..Make or Break – Website Review =-.

Senthil Ramesh December 12, 2009 at 9:35 am

Lets wait for his another articles to get the most out of any other services.

Senthil Ramesh December 6, 2009 at 7:50 pm

I cant believe this. The first thing that surprised me is we can get backlinks from Google Notebook. I was thinking it was a useless or not-so-worth service of Google. Even Google has stopped its client version I think. The next thing is do follow. Surely, I must chk it out to see how it can link me back and whether it can increase traffic to my blog.
.-= Senthil Ramesh´s last blog ..What Does Google Say About These Websites =-.

akira07 December 8, 2009 at 4:45 pm

Hey, read the update, it’s not available to registering again. Too bad, right?
We’re same, quite late to using this technique.
.-= akira07´s last blog ..Make or Break – Website Review =-.

Senthil Ramesh December 8, 2009 at 9:15 pm

Yes, sometimes we lose some tips or we get them late. But, the best part is so many tricks like this comes every day and night
.-= Senthil Ramesh´s last blog ..Google Introduces Real Time Search In SERP =-.

akira07 December 10, 2009 at 7:45 am

Yes, and this technique is just 1 from 100 technique :P. But still, hope the registration is opened again. Or actually, google can monetize it by selling the membership. How do you think?
.-= akira07´s last blog ..Make or Break – Website Review =-.

Senthil Ramesh December 12, 2009 at 9:42 am

Yes may be. They can give limitations to free users and no limitations to paid and premium members.

akira07 December 8, 2009 at 4:46 pm

Since new sign-up is not available, i’m sure people who already register can monetize their account by selling account or make link. The price rate can be high since it’s comes from google. How lucky their are..!!!
.-= akira07´s last blog ..Make or Break – Website Review =-.

Senthil Ramesh December 8, 2009 at 9:09 pm

Yes, that makes me worrying. may be Akira you should sue google for not providing you with sign ups 😛
.-= Senthil Ramesh´s last blog ..Google Introduces Real Time Search In SERP =-.

akira07 December 10, 2009 at 7:44 am

LOL, it’s google right to close or open their registration. If i sue that case, i fear my website is blacklisted even if this case have no relation with website.blog.
.-= akira07´s last blog ..Make or Break – Website Review =-.

Senthil Ramesh December 12, 2009 at 9:39 am

Who said so ? As its user, you have all the rights to question them. C’mon

George H December 9, 2009 at 4:37 am

I totally agree with u lady , and i hope they can reopen registration again or we will have to look for account to buy lol …
I heard little bit later about this trick and hope that Typhoon help us about its benefits for him and how it helped to get back links ???

Typhoon December 9, 2009 at 4:29 pm

I am not really into it as it is dirty but someone who can dare enough to play with google then they can try this trick..

Senthil Ramesh December 9, 2009 at 5:27 pm

That does not matter. There are so many good and easy ways to go for back links.
.-= Senthil Ramesh´s last blog ..Take Care Ann, Your Blog can be Spammed =-.

akira07 December 10, 2009 at 7:42 am

I’m sure the account will be closed by google if it monetized.
.-= akira07´s last blog ..Make or Break – Website Review =-.

Senthil Ramesh December 12, 2009 at 9:40 am

Which account do u mean ? I can’t really understand you.

akira07 December 10, 2009 at 7:43 am

Is there any probability google will reopen registration?
If people sell the link, how much you dare to pay?
.-= akira07´s last blog ..Make or Break – Website Review =-.

Senthil Ramesh December 12, 2009 at 9:41 am

I am not gonna anything for these kinda things. There are so many simple unpaid ways to get good back links

akira07 December 13, 2009 at 4:24 pm

Me too, i just wonder how much link from google is worth. But if it’s only for example $1/link, maybe i will interested since it’s so cheap.
.-= akira07´s last blog ..Make or Break – Website Review =-.

Senthil Ramesh December 17, 2009 at 10:14 am

@AKira yes thats cheap and in reality no body gonna give that so cheap 🙂
.-= Senthil Ramesh´s last blog ..7 Questions You Should Answer Before Blogging =-.

Ron December 11, 2009 at 11:39 pm

The links are still do-follow as you can see here http://www.google.com/notebook/public/18323289373504880957/BDQNeDQoQtYvk9tck and every gmail user now get google notebooks by default!
.-= Netbook expert´s last blog ..Entourage eDGe Further Bridging eBook Readers And Netbooks =-.

malcolm johnston December 11, 2009 at 11:48 pm

The trick is to find out about these things before everyone else does. They are like loopholes, as soon as everyone catches on, they are closed
.-= malcolm johnston´s last blog ..Those wicked CAPTCHAs =-.

Senthil Ramesh December 12, 2009 at 8:09 pm

So have u tried any of those? Did u get quality back links?
.-= Senthil Ramesh´s last blog ..How To Use Facebook Effectively =-.

akira07 December 13, 2009 at 4:26 pm

And there is a possibility the link is not do follow again since a lot of people already registered.
.-= akira07´s last blog ..Make or Break – Website Review =-.

Deepika December 13, 2009 at 6:46 pm

only some links will not be do follow or everything?
.-= Deepika´s last blog ..I Drive You To The Next Generation: Regards, XML =-.

Senthil Ramesh December 17, 2009 at 10:10 am

@akira @deepika I think since they had removed this feature its better not to think about it and think of some alternatives to get back links and traffic.

Business Virtues December 17, 2009 at 12:39 pm

Lets see how notes are indexed. But isnt it same with Google docs? http://docs.google.com/ where you can share documents public…
.-= Business Virtues´s last blog ..Holiness is what is loved by all the gods. It is loved because it is holy, and not holy because it is loved =-.

Senthil Ramesh December 20, 2009 at 1:24 pm

Hey nice point. But will docs are considered as web pages?
.-= Senthil Ramesh´s last blog ..25 Google Wave Invites for Grabs =-.

Sagar Rai December 31, 2009 at 5:11 am

Oh, google stopped new sign up. Disgusting, I should have signed up long before.
.-= Apple App Tips´s last blog ..1st Giveway Christmas And New Year Contest Worth $6000 : JOIN US =-.