Happy PageRank Day ;)

After long time, it looks like Google PageRank has been updated for many web sites. Though SmartBloggerz HomePage still remains a PR4 blog but I can confirm this news because In October month, due to breaking of some rules of Google Webmaster Policy, I had to live with a N/A PageRank. But My whole blog was properly indexed and was receiving Google traffic.

The Rule I broke was that the links were do-follow in the text link and banner ads.

After that, I just went and made all of them NoFollow and striclty added a clause in the “Advertise Page” about this. Then I filed in a Re-Consideration Request in Google and the result was that the PageRank was recived back and now all my readers can enjoy it.

The Interesting Thing which I have noticed in this PageRank Update of my blog is that many of my URL’s which are redirected are having greater PageRank than my blog i.e greater than PR4.

Here is a list of few of them:

So, What about your PageRank? Has there any change occurred in it?

akira07 December 6, 2009 at 5:07 am

Congratz for your PR achievement.
I’m not take concentration on pagerank, since i’m MMO in other way (not blog monetizing). That’s why my PR is not increased at all.

Well, pagerank day is happy day but also bad day for some people
.-= akira07´s last blog ..Make or Break – Website Review =-.

Senthil Ramesh December 27, 2009 at 11:24 am

For whom Akira? Do you mean for those who lost PR?
.-= Senthil Ramesh´s last blog ..Win $180 Cash Prize and more at SmartBloggerz =-.

Jenn December 12, 2009 at 5:43 pm

Congratulations on getting higher page rank. Good job!
.-= Jenn´s last blog ..TRIPLE MEDICAL CELEBRATION: A BlogThing Game /CLOSED/ =-.

Senthil Ramesh December 27, 2009 at 11:23 am

I have got a PR 0 on this PR update. May be its not a great news, but I personally feel its the beginning for my inspiration to write more.

Senthil Ramesh December 27, 2009 at 11:58 am

Hey Typhoon, I have got a question here. I have seen some of the domains with PR2 or PR 3 selling at DP. Can I buy them and give a link to my site, Can this give PR to me as there is only one external link and the whole PR flows to me?

Typhoon December 27, 2009 at 1:52 pm

I would say try that on your own risk..

But a cool way I would suggest is by sponsoring a wordpress theme..Just go to DP, you will see lots of designers seeking for sponsorship for their theme in return of which you will be able to place your anchor text dofollow link. I think it’s a clean way to gain lots of backlinks as hundreds of people are searching for free wordpress theme.

Make a Good decision while choosing a theme. Make sure it’s based on niche so that you get links from the same niche based blogs if they use that theme.

Senthil Ramesh December 27, 2009 at 4:24 pm

Excellent idea. Thanks for it, Sushant. I will defintely give it a try.