10 Killer Ways To Make Money With Twitter

by Anil Gupta · 224 comments

This is a guest post by Anil Gupta of scopeForMoney.com

As we all know Twitter is among the hottest social networks currently on the internet. It is the most used tool for those who are trying to market on the internet. It is boon for internet marketers. This also means that bloggers like us can make fast money online using Twitter.

People can get success in making money with their Twitter profile like we use blogging as a mean to make money. And the best thing about Twitter is that profile pages as well as lots of services related to twitter are free. In today’s post, I’m going to discuss Top 10 Killer Ideas For Making Money With Twitter:

make money with twitter

Idea 1: Direct Advertising

The companies which want to advertise their products through Twitter. However, these companies require a high click-through rate of your tweets. The click through rate of your tweets can be analyzed by URL tracking services like bit.ly or SU.pr. Also you will be requiring a large number of followers. So if you have a good click-through ratio and large number of people following you then this is a good option.

Idea 2: Monetizing Twitter Profile Background

The background of Twitter profile can you earn you some money too. There are websites like TwittAd.com which provide services to twitter user to monetize their twitter background page. Advertisers who are interested in you will place a background image on our profile which provides publicity to their company. You can select the duration and price you want to keep your advertiser. Once that is finalized TwittAd will use the Twitter API to upload the ad to your Twitter profile.

Idea 3: Personal Bio

Did you know that your bio on Twitter could also be worth some money. Bio is the area of your Twitter profile page where you write about yourself. You can make money by putting a sales message on your bio.

Idea 4: Redirecting Services

This method to make money on Twitter is somewhat similar to the CPV (cost-per-view) way of making money. When a person clicks on your tweet links to reach his desired page then there is an advertisement page that opens up for a few seconds before it is redirected to the landing page. The payout in this type of advertising is generally in CPM (per thousand impressions). The only drawback is that this may not be appreciated by your followers who click on your link. So the point is to not put an ad link to all links that tweet on your profile.

Idea 5: Finding Sponsors

Twitter could be a great place where you can find your future sponsors. You can carefully have many people of your blog niche following you and then tweet for sponsors. Many webmasters have found sponsors by tweeting it on Twitter.

Idea 6: Tweeting Affiliate Links

This is a way to sell affiliate products through your tweets. If you are a reputed Twitter user with many followers then there is a high chance that your followers purchase affiliate links that you recommend. So by tweeting link to the affiliate product page you can get high commission on each sale depending on the product. Just make sure that you are selling quality products and not poor quality as it will affect your credibility for future affiliate sales.

Idea 7: Build a Brand

By tweeting you can eventually build a brand for your company. By tweeting your niche posts. You can create a brand image for yourself or your company. Twitter is a powerful medium which many people use; it is up to us to brand ourselves. This can happen in the long run as people will slowly begin to recognize you.

Idea 8: Professional Twitterer

This is a lot like pro-blogging, those who become professional Twitterers. Pro-Twitterers are people who do not tweet for themselves but are hired by big corporations and companies to build an online presence through Twitter.

Idea 9: Twitter Trends

You can keep up with the trends that are occurring on Twitter to optimize it on your site. These trends are topics that people are looking for most on the internet. You can make use of this trend to post new topics or provide new insight.

Idea 10: Make Invaluable Connections

Almost all big people of the internet make use of Twitter. Make priceless contacts with people who are more successful than you. This way you can learn a lot and they could prove to be very useful to you in the long run.

[Owner Note: If you want to make money with twitter then you may like to read my article "5 Best Sites To Help You Make Money With Twitter"]

I Hope you enjoyed this post and will implement a few ways on making money with Twitter. And would you like to add more ways to make money with Twitter in this series? Are you using Twitter in some way to make money? Let me know all this by commenting below.

About Anil Gupta

Anil Gupta is the owner of ScopeForMoney blog, where he speaks about ways to making money online, blogging, seo, affiliate marketing, wordpress themes etc. Visit Anil gupta's blog if you want to make easy money online. You can Follow me on Twitter @scopeformoney

Visit my website →

Liane YoungBlogger December 11, 2009 at 6:33 pm

I have a friend who’se a professional twitterer. The job is simply amazing. I remember myself exclaiming… “someone pay’s you to… tweet?!?”. Haha. Of course that was still the dawn of Twitter. After that, he was able to expound my knowledge on the social media power of twitter.
.-= Liane YoungBlogger´s last blog ..The Simplified Content Writing Cycle =-.

Senthil Ramesh December 12, 2009 at 4:46 pm

Twitter leads by all the way and surely its changing the industry of internet business.

akira07 December 13, 2009 at 3:20 am

It’s growth more, especially after people now that it can be monetized. That’s why i wonder, why some people said that “Twitter will die” soon.

CredFollow December 14, 2009 at 2:58 pm

Great blog I found here!
Just reacting to akira07. Those who think twitter will die just lack foresight. It’s becoming a powerful and successful business tool generating millions for users. We expect it to grow not die

akira07 December 14, 2009 at 6:07 pm

And also, just wanna add some opinion. I think even facebook have more user registered, but twitter still more effective since fb is mostly used for “make a friend” purpose :P

Senthil Ramesh December 24, 2009 at 4:08 pm

Nicely said, Cred. Each and every day I can see its growing and I am sure it wont die for the next 5 years atleast.
.-= Senthil Ramesh´s last blog ..How to Increase Traffic during Contests – Part I =-.

Senthil Ramesh December 24, 2009 at 4:10 pm

@Akira Facebook is good at advertising Bro. You cant do so in twitter, like facebook automatically targets the people and displays ads. Thats a good way for promoting too.

Senthil Ramesh December 14, 2009 at 5:38 pm

I have never heard some one said so. Its people’s character to say like this whenever some sites show up in the internet and twiter is not an exception too. :D

akira07 December 14, 2009 at 6:08 pm

Agree with you. Even we’re not forget when many people say that google will die when Bing is come, right? It’s not happen :P

Twitter will not die, since new and new monetization technique is founded.

Senthil Ramesh December 17, 2009 at 8:37 am

@Akira of course Akira. Google will die? Thats never gonna happen.
.-= Senthil Ramesh´s last blog ..7 Questions You Should Answer Before Blogging =-.

ZXT December 17, 2009 at 5:37 am

Who says Twitter will die soon? I really doubt it. Twitter will gain more subscribers and some more.
.-= ZXT´s last blog ..What’s Hot on Youtube! =-.

Senthil Ramesh December 24, 2009 at 4:11 pm

ZXT. I have recently saw a miracle. Google’s CEO created new twitter profile and the followers increased at 100/ min. That can say how effective twitter is in making friends and commnicating easily.

ZXT December 17, 2009 at 5:36 am

Twitter invented micro blogging where you can express your thoughts, share anything you like in 140 characters or less.
.-= ZXT´s last blog ..Share your Paypal WishList and Earn $100 =-.

Senthil Ramesh December 24, 2009 at 4:12 pm

Sure, and yes twitter is the main reason of the evolution of URL shorteners too.

Anil Gupta December 12, 2009 at 11:00 pm

Yes, many corporate companies hire Professional Tweeters to tweet for them. As it helps those companies create a brand.
.-= Anil Gupta´s last blog ..10 Reasons Why Your Blog Does Not Make Money Online =-.

ZXT December 17, 2009 at 5:35 am

I wonder how much they pay their Professional Tweeters to tweet for them. Must be a good sideline to earn money.
.-= ZXT´s last blog ..What’s Hot on Youtube! =-.

akira07 December 18, 2009 at 3:36 am

Their one tweet is priced same with a money we can get for working 1 month, so amazing, right?
.-= akira07´s last blog ..Quick report – My Smartbloggerz Commenting Idol 2 Participation =-.

Senthil Ramesh December 24, 2009 at 4:16 pm

Yes, sometimes, most of the Internet Business is like that. People earn lakhs from just putting links or ads in the site. So, its not a surprise someone pays for tweeting.

Senthil Ramesh December 24, 2009 at 4:15 pm

@ZXT Its not so easy for you to get paid for tweeting. And BTW, I have seen some sites paying to twitterers to tweet using their URL shorteners. We can try this.

Senthil Ramesh December 24, 2009 at 4:13 pm

@Anil Having a twitter user name has become a must like email ids. Also many aps and sites are developed around Twitter. So it becomes must for companies to choose twitter.

akira07 December 13, 2009 at 3:19 am

And now you’re understand about the twitter power, right? Well, how your friend now? Is it already success?

In the past, i’m also confuse, how can twitter used to make money since it’s only social networking/microblogging + there is only 140 characters allowed.

Senthil Ramesh December 14, 2009 at 5:40 pm

Now many of the sites started depending on Twitter and the 140 char thing has become standard for many.

akira07 December 14, 2009 at 6:06 pm

I think the profesional twitterer is not just a famous one, but it must be a person who have skill to make effective message just by 140 character tweets.

ZXT December 17, 2009 at 5:40 am

If there’s a professional tweeter then you are a professional commenter Akira :)
.-= ZXT´s last blog ..What’s Hot on Youtube! =-.

Senthil Ramesh December 17, 2009 at 8:38 am

Yes that makes sense. May be we can do that too. Practice makes perfect. :)

Senthil Ramesh December 24, 2009 at 4:17 pm

@ZXT Ha ha. Thats a nice comparision. Akira makes good comments and certainly gives more ideas while commenting.

ZXT December 17, 2009 at 5:39 am

Yeah its basically sending sms message to all your Tweeter followers. Whether they like it or not they will get your message. The more followers you have the more individual you will reach.
.-= ZXT´s last blog ..6 basic rules in blogging =-.

akira07 December 18, 2009 at 3:35 am

And if we treat it same like SMS Message, the question is : “Have you ever care with mobile-advertisement”? Honestly, if i receive advertisement SMS, i will directly delete it :P. Hope it not happen on twitter.

Deepika December 18, 2009 at 6:51 pm

@akira07

yeah me too delete mobile advertisement without reading it full….
.-= Deepika´s last blog ..How To Comment On Other Blogs =-.

Senthil Ramesh December 24, 2009 at 4:20 pm

@ZXT But I think, most of the people not cares about Tweets when they have 1k+ followers. I once had 300+ to follow and Im not able to read any of the tweet.

Senthil Ramesh December 24, 2009 at 4:22 pm

@Akira. Of course Akira, no one cares about Advertisement SMS or calls but while in Tweeting they catch you or make the msg in a catchy way that you certainly visit and some of the people take action.

Senthil Ramesh December 24, 2009 at 4:23 pm

@Deepika Everyone does it, but I read sometimes, since we don’t know there are some time better offers too.

ZXT December 13, 2009 at 9:42 am

Are you following your friend’s footsteps? Maybe it would be wise to ask for some advice from your friend.
.-= ZXT´s last blog ..Share your Paypal WishList and Earn $100 =-.

akira07 December 14, 2009 at 6:10 pm

And if your friend would like, advice him/her to make e-book about twitter monetization but with detailed step by step. I think it will sell well since we’re know, twitter monetization is hot topic for twitter user now :).

Senthil Ramesh December 24, 2009 at 4:27 pm

Great suggestion Akira. I must say giving away E books gives you good result and when we write about popular topics like twitter or making money, it definitely be a success.

ZXT December 17, 2009 at 5:33 am

Liane…your friend must be earning a lot now just by tweeting…he was one of the first to monetize his twitter account.

Why not follow your friends footsteps?
.-= ZXT´s last blog ..6 basic rules in blogging =-.

IndianCashMaker December 11, 2009 at 6:49 pm

many have toled me to find sponsors for my twitter account…but i guess its not that easy….
is there any site for same
.-= IndianCashMaker´s last blog ..Daily Schedule of a Part Time but a SERIOUS Blogger =-.

Anil Gupta December 12, 2009 at 4:25 pm

I would suggest you to get some genuine followers to your Twitter account and share valuable stories with them. And when you do it, there will be more people interested in your profile on Twitter and there will also be some people who would be interested in using your services to promote their businesses

Senthil Ramesh December 12, 2009 at 4:48 pm

agreed with anil. get some genuine, real followers of niche. there are so many sites to make money with. sponsored tweets and twitvert are some example.

akira07 December 13, 2009 at 3:17 am

If my definition about genuine follower is right, so the mostly effective way to get it is : To show your twitter account, and offer people to follow only on site which have same topic with your mostly tweet topic, right?

F.e if your tweet is mostly about make money online, it’s better to search follower from smartbloggerz, dp, tzi, right?

Senthil Ramesh December 14, 2009 at 5:42 pm

You got it right, Akira. It should e of ur niche.

akira07 December 12, 2009 at 7:48 pm

What is defined by genuine follower? Is it about people who have same interest with you or what? If yes, too bad that i know from 200 of my follower, half of them is about just to following back because i following them up.

Senthil Ramesh December 12, 2009 at 8:06 pm

Genuine in the sense following u for the purpose of following u. I have recently come across a list of 1000 people who will follow u back if u follow them. They are now genuine. They follow lot of people ultimately see none of their updates.

akira07 December 13, 2009 at 3:15 am

Oh i get it. So genuine follower is a follower who follow you to see an update from you, right? Or in other word, their taking attention on our tweet. CMIIW :P

Senthil Ramesh December 14, 2009 at 5:45 pm

CMIIW? What does it mean, Akira?

Deepika December 14, 2009 at 6:18 pm

I think CMIIW means “Correct Me If I’m wrong”.

ZXT December 17, 2009 at 5:42 am

The only problem is you can not choose your follower. I mean you can follow someone interesting but how do you get someone interesting or genuine to follow you. Besides what will you do if someone you think isn’t “genuine” follows you? Block them?
.-= ZXT´s last blog ..My Bohol Trip part 1 =-.

akira07 December 18, 2009 at 3:33 am

It’s dilemma for sure. But do you mean to keep ungenuine followers?

Senthil Ramesh December 24, 2009 at 4:42 pm

Yes but if you feel like some one suspeicious following you, you can definitely block them.

ZXT December 13, 2009 at 9:52 am

Yes its not easy but I think what you need to first is to build your followers before thinking of any paid tweets.

Senthil Ramesh December 14, 2009 at 5:41 pm

Go for sponsored tweets Bro. I think many people even professionals are using it.

akira07 December 14, 2009 at 6:04 pm

Again, i will go for it but i should manage my twitter account properly yet. Maybe the first step is by deleting some ungenuine follower?

Anyway, since i find comment level is become 5 again, i just reply your question above here. CMIIW is stand for “Correct Me If I’m Wrong” :P

ZXT December 17, 2009 at 5:46 am

what if you have very few genuine follower? You might ended up deleting half of your followers.

BTW, do you know that your past 25 Tweets are all Hymoo?
.-= ZXT´s last blog ..Go get them Tiger! =-.

akira07 December 18, 2009 at 3:30 am

Yes, sorry it’s because i’m follow a contest in forum which integrated withTwitter. Is it annoying? Let me know if yes so i can consider to not use twitter integrated facilities.

Senthil Ramesh December 17, 2009 at 8:39 am

Alright my account is managed well and i will apply for sponsored tweets soon.

akira07 December 18, 2009 at 3:32 am

Have you state the detail about it? For example, when you reach 100 genuine followers, that’s the time to start, etc..

Senthil Ramesh December 24, 2009 at 4:51 pm

@Akira I am not sure. But, Sponsored Tweets asks for 4 months old and 300+ followers twitter profile.

Deepika December 11, 2009 at 8:05 pm

Nice Post Anil Gupta… I am using Tweeting Affiliate Links and trends… Professional Twitterer is new one.. Can you explain more about that?

Anil Gupta December 12, 2009 at 4:29 pm

Professional Twitterer is used same way as we use problogger for highly popular blogerrs like Shoemoney, JohnChow and Darren Rowse. You will become professional Twitterer when you have a big fan base on Twitter.

Deepika December 12, 2009 at 7:39 pm

thanks anil.Its quite interesting… let me search for more information about it…
.-= Deepika´s last blog ..I Drive You To The Next Generation: Regards, XML =-.

akira07 December 12, 2009 at 7:46 pm

It’s seem interesting. Anyway, how much professional Twitterer get from the company who hired them approximately?

Senthil Ramesh December 12, 2009 at 8:11 pm

I can get u what u mean ? Can u make it clear pls?

akira07 December 13, 2009 at 3:12 am

What i mean is, how much $ i can get if i’m being professional twitterer. Or in other word, how much the company who hired me willing to pay.

Senthil Ramesh December 14, 2009 at 5:47 pm

That depends on how active you are and how much your profile valued. Just like ur popular in blogosphere, you get more people to ur site and getting more thru ads.

Anil Gupta December 12, 2009 at 11:03 pm

It is totally up to the company to decide the pay for pro-tweeters, but anywhere between $100 to thousand dollars – depending on their budget and requirements.

akira07 December 13, 2009 at 3:14 am

Ok, But i wonder, if johnchow or shoemoney ever reveal or posting about their twitter earning from doing professional twitterer? I’m sure their are paid for thousand dollar.

Deepika December 13, 2009 at 1:05 pm

how those company approaches pro-tweeters? in wat ways they select them for that job?
.-= Deepika´s last blog ..I Drive You To The Next Generation: Regards, XML =-.

Senthil Ramesh December 14, 2009 at 5:53 pm

@Deepika There are sites to pay you for tweeting or u must become a familiar person for those sites to approach u

Senthil Ramesh December 24, 2009 at 4:53 pm

@Akira I am not sure they did. But, I am sure they can earn money by tweeting. BTW, I should mention that need less to worry seeing those its better if I become a professional and popular in our field, so that companies reach us to pay for tweeting.

ZXT December 13, 2009 at 10:00 am

Are you a professional Twitterer Anil? How much on average you charge per Tweet?
.-= ZXT´s last blog ..My three month old blog =-.

akira07 December 13, 2009 at 11:02 am

I think since he is knowledged enough about twitter monetization, i’m sure he already practice it and earn some. I would like to know also.

ZXT December 17, 2009 at 5:48 am

I agree so the bottom line is you need to work to get more followers. Which is easy for some but hard for others.
.-= ZXT´s last blog ..Share your Paypal WishList and Earn $100 =-.

Vishal Sanjay December 11, 2009 at 8:16 pm

Rockin post Anil, affiliate links are a real good way to make money with twitter, but i doubt that direct advertising is efficient enough unless you have a mass number of followers or a very famous blog. Anyhow this has been a pretty good post. I’ve spoken to many people who have made from $40 to $120 from Twitter, this maybe a small amount but it is very useful for newbies.
.-= Vishal Sanjay´s last blog ..4 hottest internet startups 2009 =-.

akira07 December 12, 2009 at 7:43 pm

Yes, i’m oftenly hear about people who earn from twitter in that range. But i never find there is a people who get a thousand dollar from twitter marketing, do you know one for example? Just to motivate me to do twitter monetizing.

About direct advertising for affiliate link is enough, well, but if your link exposurement can be increased, why not? Just tweet it :P

Senthil Ramesh December 12, 2009 at 8:17 pm

There are people making tons by twitter. I mean they advertise free with twitter which can give them lots of revenue. Ex is Dell

akira07 December 13, 2009 at 3:11 am

What’s Dell do with their twitter and the result? Need more info about it.
Anyway, hot topic now, it’s not just twitter monetization but twitter politization. Many politicans use it for campaign which sometime effective.

Senthil Ramesh December 14, 2009 at 5:54 pm

Dell’s profit has doubled 200 % percent after twitter promo. I cant find the link for the source. I read it some 4 months before.

ZXT December 13, 2009 at 10:05 am

John Chow tweets is $1k per tweet. Yes Akira he was able to earn One Thousand US dollars for just one tweet. Hows that?
.-= ZXT´s last blog ..My CNN Hero =-.

akira07 December 13, 2009 at 11:01 am

Who is the one who willing to pay John Chow for that amount? It’s great, since we know john chow reputation is bit decreased because John-Google problem.

Senthil Ramesh December 14, 2009 at 5:58 pm

May be u can try a bid for ur tweet Akira. Lets see how much anyone would like to pay for ur tweet. :D

Senthil Ramesh December 14, 2009 at 5:56 pm

1 K $ per tweet. I can believe that. Then if he is all the day tweetig, then he it seems he can be the richest man in the world soon.

akira07 December 15, 2009 at 4:59 am

LOL, i think the company is not so stupid :P. Their will make tweet limitation.

Senthil Ramesh December 17, 2009 at 11:10 am

@Akira, may be one tweet per day and even that can make him lot of money in a month. :D

ZXT December 17, 2009 at 5:50 am

$40 isn’t bad for Twitter earnings. It will take months to get that from adsense even if your blog gets 1000 visits a day.
.-= ZXT´s last blog ..What’s Hot on Youtube! =-.

Senthil Ramesh December 24, 2009 at 5:32 pm

Agreed. I hate adsense in these things. Slow in earning. May be direct advertisings can work. I fees twitter is one of the good way for direct advertising.

Senthil Ramesh December 11, 2009 at 10:27 pm

Twitter Affiliate links is the wide spreading now. And twitter, needless to say, is a great thing to generate money and traffic. I saw some of the people went crazy when twitter goes down even for five min. You can know the power of twitter with this.

akira07 December 12, 2009 at 7:40 pm

I would like to know if there is a people who have data about twitter affiliate link conversion rate. I may use it for clickbank purpose? But i think i should build my reputation on my twitter first.

Senthil Ramesh December 12, 2009 at 8:18 pm

You are going technically dude. I don’t know much about these.

akira07 December 13, 2009 at 3:07 am

Going technically sometime needed since i want to compare if i do advertise on twitter or no. But i’m not sure there is a people already measure about it (conversion rate).

Senthil Ramesh December 14, 2009 at 5:59 pm

You just try. Its always not to good to hang out for advice. I will give a try for everything rather than asking people and getting guidance from them.

Anil Gupta December 12, 2009 at 11:06 pm

Twitter affiliate links are only effective if your followers trust you, otherwise you are just another spammer for people.

akira07 December 13, 2009 at 3:09 am

Ok, not just trust, but also have same interest with me, right? So if our twitter account purposed to tweet about technology, and we’re tweeting affiliate link of product which technology-related, the conversion rate will high, right?

Senthil Ramesh December 24, 2009 at 5:35 pm

Sure AKira, it does. And also it increases your twitter followers if your regularly tweeting on particular Niche.

Senthil Ramesh December 24, 2009 at 5:33 pm

Sure, Anil. Thats why I have mentioned we should be careful in selecting the tweets to tweet and to the followers we tweet.

ZXT December 13, 2009 at 10:07 am

You are right Akira. Build your reputation first then you can think of monetizing your tweets later on. More followers plus very good reputation equals success in Twitter.
.-= ZXT´s last blog ..My three month old blog =-.

akira07 December 13, 2009 at 11:00 am

Genuine follower + Good reputation = Powerfull Twitter Monetization. And also, even your reputation is good, don’t advertise too much, since it will make your reputation decreased again.

Senthil Ramesh December 24, 2009 at 5:36 pm

Not only in Twitter. But over advertising in any field can lead you to disaster.

ZXT December 17, 2009 at 5:51 am

I am not sure if that information is readily available. Its really hard to get that kind of data.
.-= ZXT´s last blog ..What’s Hot on Youtube! =-.

akira07 December 18, 2009 at 3:27 am

That’s why some website selling data with expensive price. Well, so the only way now is testimonial, right?

Senthil Ramesh December 24, 2009 at 5:37 pm

Which kind of Data do u refer ZXT? Do you mean the data of advertising in Twitter profile?

Samuel December 11, 2009 at 11:43 pm

Not a big fan of making money on twitter anymore, there are too many people doing it.
.-= Google Press Release´s last blog ..The remains of former Cypriot President stolen =-.

akira07 December 12, 2009 at 7:38 pm

Even if it’s earn you good amount? I think not just twitter monetizing technique, but mostly business on internet already have too many competitor/player. :P

Senthil Ramesh December 12, 2009 at 8:18 pm

M I should say earning thru Facebook is more effective than twitter.

akira07 December 13, 2009 at 3:06 am

But i think facebook is still used mostly for pure social networking, searching friend, etc..So how can it’s more effective than Twitter monetization?

Senthil Ramesh December 14, 2009 at 6:02 pm

Facebook is for professionals and may get u to professional persons while twitter is easy to use and everyone will look at ur tweets and advertising thru it is effective too. Both has got its pro and cons.

ZXT December 17, 2009 at 5:54 am

Yes you can market your blog through facebook but I never heard anyone earning from Facebook thru affiliate links.
.-= ZXT´s last blog ..What’s Hot on Youtube! =-.

akira07 December 18, 2009 at 3:25 am

It can be another business concept. PPC on facebook.

Senthil Ramesh December 24, 2009 at 5:43 pm

@ZXT Why do with affiliate links in Facebook? Just promote your site’s links where your promoting some affiliate links.

ZXT December 13, 2009 at 10:11 am

But theres too many people making money out of their blogs too. This only means Twitter is a good medium for making money. If you do it right then you really can earn good money of of Twitter.
.-= ZXT´s last blog ..My Bohol Trip part 1 =-.

akira07 December 14, 2009 at 7:46 pm

Twitter monetization business concept is very simple :P. Even the competition is high, but not too many player is success on it :P. So, it’s still good place to try your luck.

Senthil Ramesh December 24, 2009 at 5:47 pm

Of course, there are people starting Blogs for making money. But we must agree the attention is completely turning and people concentrates on Twitter more than Blogs (as you don’t need to type much and promote, everything ends in 140 chars)

Dennis Edell December 12, 2009 at 4:35 am

Just be very careful, or another title may be , 10 ways to kill your twitter account by advertising. ;)
.-= Dennis Edell´s last blog ..UPDATE! 4 Plugin Package – 75% Off! PLUS Something Extra From Me! :) =-.

Jenn December 12, 2009 at 12:29 pm

Lol. But yeah, advertising on twitter could be harmful for your account.
.-= Jenn´s last blog ..TRIPLE MEDICAL CELEBRATION: A BlogThing Game /CLOSED/ =-.

Senthil Ramesh December 12, 2009 at 4:51 pm

May be so you must take care of which site to join and which one to avoid, all these things matters.

akira07 December 13, 2009 at 3:03 am

Is there any twitter monetazion site which proven scam? If you know about it, please share to us so we can’t avoid it.

Senthil Ramesh December 14, 2009 at 6:04 pm

I forgot the names. But it often comes to me to get more followers by joining this site. They tweet from our account and that annoys me and my followers.

Dennis Edell December 13, 2009 at 3:50 am

And your reputation as a whole.

Senthil Ramesh December 24, 2009 at 5:50 pm

Yes I have found my Twitter followers dropped when I joined those sites which publishes automatically to my timline, which meant my reputation decreased and when I revoked access to them, it again started to increase.

Anil Gupta December 12, 2009 at 4:37 pm

I think there is no harm in doing advertisement on any platform by the time we are sharing valuable resources with our blog readers and followers on Twitter. With this, we also need to keep a ratio of something like 10 free tweets + one paid tweet. And your followers will not mind that one paid tweet if it’s of some use to them or you are promoting something which they will get at a very cheap prices if they buy that product through you. Suppose you share tips about making money to your followers on Twitter and in between, you send few tweets some of products that are going to help them earn some money some way will be as helpful as your non-paid tweets

akira07 December 12, 2009 at 7:37 pm

Anil, first, thanks for the great article. But anyway, do you compare all those 10 technique to twitter rules? I fear some of the technique is forbidden by twitter itself.

Anil Gupta December 12, 2009 at 11:04 pm

No akira, you can relax. None of these methods are banned by Twitter. In fact, Twitter bosses know that Twitter is a powerful marketing tool, rather than a social website.

akira07 December 13, 2009 at 3:02 am

Yes, i find it’s used mostly for business :P. Ok then you’re already guarantee it, so i can comfortably learn deeply about it before decide to playing twitter business or no.

ZXT December 17, 2009 at 6:34 am

Definitely agree with your thoughts. There’s nothing wrong sharing information, paid or not paid. You’ll never know, someone in your list might need what you are sharing.
.-= ZXT´s last blog ..What’s Hot on Youtube! =-.

akira07 December 18, 2009 at 3:24 am

One is comes in my mind. So professional twitterer tweet characteristic is include this :
“An ability to make advertisement/sponsorship tweet seen just like normal tweet”

Senthil Ramesh December 24, 2009 at 10:05 pm

@Anil Agreed also we should keep a ratio on our regular tweets and affiliate tweets so tht they blend with our tweets and doesn’t make our followers to unfollow you.
.-= Senthil Ramesh´s last blog ..How to increase Traffic during Contests Part II =-.

akira07 December 12, 2009 at 7:36 pm

Be careful by always reading a rules and not doing advertising too much is great idea :). With it, you can advertise comfortably without worrying twitter will suspect you as spammer.

Senthil Ramesh December 12, 2009 at 8:20 pm

Which of the technique do u say as banned?

akira07 December 13, 2009 at 3:01 am

I don’t know about it. That’s why, i said, always reading the rules. I just fear if there is some point againts the rules which may bring your twitter account problem.

Senthil Ramesh December 14, 2009 at 6:06 pm

Hmm but its kinda boring to read all those rules. I skip it most of the time.

ZXT December 13, 2009 at 10:17 am

That would be a nice article. 10 ways to kill your Twitter account :)
.-= ZXT´s last blog ..What’s Hot on YouTube =-.

Dennis Edell December 13, 2009 at 10:19 pm

I’m sure it’s been done, usually by those speaking from first hand experience. lol
.-= Dennis Edell´s last blog ..3 Days Left – MaxBlogPress Christmas Deal Expires =-.

Senthil Ramesh December 14, 2009 at 6:07 pm

Cool, some one start writing an article on that title.

akira07 December 14, 2009 at 6:21 pm

How about you? I’m contribute first 3 list idea :
- Tweet 100 times per day
- Place your twitter link anywhere and oftenly
- Choose the advertiser who require you to make a bunch of ads

Senthil Ramesh December 24, 2009 at 10:07 pm

Well I am giving in my ideas to write on it. Thanks for the points you provided.

akira07 December 14, 2009 at 6:19 pm

It’s easy to make that kind of article, since killing way have a lot of technique more than monetization way. By spamming, by linkfarming your twitter url, is an example.

Senthil Ramesh December 24, 2009 at 10:29 pm

Yeah of course. there are not so much articles on it.

chandan December 12, 2009 at 4:39 pm

Thank you Anil Gupta, your guest psot here is really very nice, By this article I come to know different earning opportunities from twitter, I only knew about sponsored tweets by which we can make money by tweeting advertiser tweets. I will try it.
.-= chandan@work at home´s last blog ..Update from google work at home affiliate network-December 11, 2009 =-.

ZXT December 13, 2009 at 10:21 am

I also been wanting to try sponsored tweets but I dont have enough followers yet.
.-= ZXT´s last blog ..What’s Hot on YouTube =-.

akira07 December 14, 2009 at 6:01 pm

So, try all technique spreaded on internet about getting genuine follower. It may take quite long time but it will worth.
But if you want rapid way to collect follower, you can try to hold twitte contest like John Chow do.

akira07 December 12, 2009 at 7:32 pm

Thanks for the tips, some of them is familiar with me but i just aware about the monetizing a twitter background about. But is it not againts the twitter rules? (to use background as advertisement is quite dirty way to advertise :P). I will look if there is a people who want to use my profile background :P.

Senthil Ramesh December 12, 2009 at 8:21 pm

hey u monetize background? But those things are new to me.. :)

Anil Gupta December 12, 2009 at 11:04 pm

If you have enough reputation on Twitter, sponsors will approach you.

akira07 December 13, 2009 at 2:59 am

What is defined by enough reputation, anil? And how to measure our reputation? I’m quite confuse about it.

Senthil Ramesh December 14, 2009 at 6:08 pm

Go for Tweepular. U can find how much ur profile worth is. It actually depends on following and followers ratio. Mine is 36/396.

Senthil Ramesh December 25, 2009 at 9:58 am

You mean even sponsors approach for making my twitter background and I can monetize with it?

ZXT December 13, 2009 at 10:24 am

I am not sure if its consider dirty to advertise on your background page of Twitter.
.-= ZXT´s last blog ..Share your Paypal WishList and Earn $100 =-.

akira07 December 13, 2009 at 10:59 am

Really? So if the concept is like that, i think we can use all part of our site (content, headbar,sidebar, title, backgorund,etc…) just to advertise? :P

Senthil Ramesh December 14, 2009 at 6:10 pm

Hey explain me how to monetize background. I am aware that we can include our web site details in it but not to monetize it.

akira07 December 15, 2009 at 4:56 am

Background on twitter account can be customized by our picture, right? The advertiser pay you to use their customized background pic which contain an ads.

Senthil Ramesh December 25, 2009 at 10:00 am

@Akira I m now somewhat clear now regarding monetizing back ground but I am not so reputable person I think
.-= Senthil Ramesh´s last blog ..NoviceBloggers Celebrates Christmas with its 50th Article =-.

Alex December 13, 2009 at 1:51 am

Wow the article was smashing. I never new they were other unique ways of making money with twitter, i’ll try all of them.

Senthil Ramesh December 25, 2009 at 10:01 am

Most of doesn’t know Alex. There are people who use social networks for making money. And twitter is the leading and easy way to do that, :)

{ 1 trackback }