This is a guest post by Tushar Agarwal from BloggersPassion.
The rise of blogging as a career option in last 3-4 years has taken many by surprise. Nobody expected blogging to reach at this level and after the introduction of micro blogging sites like Twitter, we can imagine how long way it still has to go.
Many bloggers has stepped into full time blogging career and their only source of income is their blog. Seeing their success rate and the amount of cash they make through blogging, youngsters are getting interested and the result is the number of blogs which is being created every day.
One reason behind this is that they look at blogs as a big part time income source but they do not realize the hard work, pain and dedication that full time bloggers have put in to make their blog this success.
For the new bloggers, here are some bitter truths you will have to accept before you start blogging seriously.
- You Won’t Get Rich In A Day Or A Month – No matter how hard you try, how much you have spent on advertising and SEO, the theme and design; your earnings will still take time to come. You will never earn $10 with Google Adsense in a day, nor will you get dollars of advertisements.
- You Need To Work Hard For Traffic – If you are one of those who can not spend money on advertising; you have to work very hard to bring regular traffic to your blog. Few comments here and there will not work. You will have to comment, guest post, use forums & yahoo answers and link building with dedication.
- You Need To Sacrifice Lot Of Your Daily Activities – Blogging demands at least 2-3 serious dedicated hours every day. If you are a student, you can afford this time but this will cost you many things you like to do. This may include hangout with friends, cricket, movies and your sleep. So, be ready to keep your interest aside for the benefit of the blog.
- You Can Never Compete With Darren Rowse And John Chow – If you think that one day you can beat these two great bloggers in earnings; you are entirely wrong. No matter how good you are at writing, there income would not be affected with your rise. You need to work hard to make a name for yourself.
- Writing Good Content Is A Tough – Blogging depends on the content and writing good content is a difficult task. Whether you write daily or in 2-3 days, you have to make sure that every post is a quality post. And mind you, you have to do a lot of homework and research for a good post.
- You And Your Family Will Lose Patience Eventually- You need to show results to you and your family within 6 months time or they will give up patience and might consider blogging as a waste of time. This is a common scene in Indian homes. So, make sure what you are doing is being done in a right direction
PS. – This post is not written to discourage you or stop you from blogging. My only motive while writing this post was to make all the bloggers aware of the reality behind the fascinating world of blogging. And I was able to write this post because I have realized these things in due course of time when I started 3 years back.
Have the spirit, keep a positive frame of mind and approach your goal with full passion. The success will itself find your way.