What Are the Advantages of a Full Service Email Marketing Option, Over a Do-It-Yourself?

by Fletcher · 11 comments

This is a guest post by Fletcher from BenchmarkEmail.com telling us today the advantages of a full service email marketing option and why you should go with it for your email marketing campaigns.

Email marketing has been going strong since the early days of the internet. Although it can definitely be considered a mature tactic, the evolution of internet technology has made it possible for marketers to enjoy higher conversions and ROI than what was possible in the past.

While you can easily pick yourself up a software package and go at it alone, investing in a full service email marketing solution is probably a smarter route to travel.

Following are some of the many reasons why it is a better option compared to the do-it-yourself method.

Easy Campaign Creation

Opting for a full service email marketing service makes campaigns easier to create and deploy. This is especially true if you want to send your subscribers HTML messages. Many ESP’s provide easy to use HTML editors that allow you to design your emails without having to write a single line of code, thus preventing you from having to adopt programming skills.

In addition, you usually have access to a variety of customizable templates that are ready to go and just waiting for you to apply the finishing touches. More often than not, these templates can be saved and used as often as you need them.

Higher Inbox Delivery

Email services such as those provided by AOL, Google and Yahoo are good for sending messages to friends and family, but not for marketing purposes.

In fact, if you send out too many in a short amount of time, it triggers a red flag that will likely land your message in a spam folder rather than the inbox. You may even have your sending privileges restricted by your own ISP. When partnering up with a reputable email service provider, you have the reassurance of knowing your mail is being sent from an IP address that is in good standings with ISPs and instantly sets you apart from spammers.

The result is the potential for much higher delivery rates.

Comprehensive Reporting Tools

Another good reason that going with a full service email marketing solution makes a better option is due to the comprehensive reporting tools you have access to. Most firms have systems in place that track all the critical aspects of your campaign.

This generally includes the number of people who opened your emails and clicked the links in your message. Some even track the activity that occurs after the click on your website. You also have email service providers that integrate your campaigns with Google Analytics, which typically gives you the freedom to keep track of your own numbers.

Find a Company You Can Trust

These are just some of the advantages up for grabs when choosing a full service email marketing solution. You could always do it yourself of course, but you may be missing out on countless benefits and making the process much harder.

If you want to get the most from your investment, take the time to do a little research and a find reputable company you can trust. Placing your email campaigns, let alone your contact database, into the hands of a full service solution sounds like a poor or lazy decision, but this is not the case for every company.

Many small businesses turn to these full service providers because they are not particularly tech-savvy and wouldn’t be able to produce the same results as the provider would. The important part is doing your homework on the company, finding out their deliverability rate and looking at full service campaigns they have sent in the past to ensure their work is premium level.

This is something that can not be overlooked as it can either make or break your marketing efforts.

About Fletcher

Fletcher is a best practices activist and advocate for leading Web and permission-based email marketing solutions and email marketing services.

Visit my website →

Josh Ray November 28, 2010 at 1:06 am

You said find a company you can trust, do you have any good suggestions? I’d like to start collecting emails on some of my blogs but I’m not making any money on the blogs yet so I don’t want to spend too much money on this. Free programs would be best but I know that’s probably not going to happen.

Typhoon November 28, 2010 at 9:29 am

If you are looking for an autoresponder that is highly in budget then do take a look at what I’m also using: Imnicamail

ImnicaMail prices are kept in such a way that you will find yourself getting a BlackFriday Deal everytime when you compare it with other autoresponders. It offers almost same deliverability rates like others with comparable features. Do try it for 30 days for just $1

I hope you will enjoy it.

Karen November 28, 2010 at 3:31 am

I agree totally that you should let the experts handle your email campaigns and newsletters. I have seen it with my own two eyes several times what a difference in inbox delivery it provides.I only wish that vendors would be a little bit more insistent on making their clients set up correct spf records etc for their domains. Too many clients do not get that part done – even if they pay good money for professional help with their campaigns.

Ryan November 28, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Great post . I really missed builting a list of blogger emails and i dont know how to get the email from someone. Can you show me how to do? I think i should built this list first before i start to use a service email marketing.

Joy November 29, 2010 at 4:06 pm

An automated email marketing campaign beats a manual one hands down. It also eliminates a lot of the unnecessary mistakes, covers more ground and gives you more results! I would recommend MailChimp to those people looking for a company.

Nicholas Teo November 30, 2010 at 11:42 am

Sooner or later you have to use a automated email marketing option as i do not think it is possible to do it on your own once you have a few hundred people on the list. ISP or free email provider will limit you, doing it manually by batch will take too much time to make it worth while once the list is big.

Sarah November 30, 2010 at 1:52 pm

I agree that automated marketing campaigns are much more cost and time effective. I think that it’s worth gaining a credible amount of subscribers before you start to pay any monthly fees though.

Justin November 30, 2010 at 10:03 pm

Totally agree. Between the higher delivery rates, not getting red flagged and -in my opinion the most important one- the reports, it’s definitely worth the cost. If you are serious about email marketing. On the other hand, if you only have 100 people on your list, DYI, for sure.

Kaitly December 3, 2010 at 3:21 pm

Does there any specific factor that should be kept in mind before choosing a company for email marketing services?

Percy December 4, 2010 at 5:30 pm

Well laid out points! Automated marketing strategies will give you more time to really take care of your business.

Michelle Sterling August 23, 2011 at 1:55 pm

I was really impressed when I first came across auto responder and I still am. I feel its always better to let the right professionals handle the right task. When one is too busy and the list grows more in number the only solution is an automated email marketing option.