This is a guest post by Brian Jenkins and you can visit his website BrainTrack.com to know more what he does. In this post, you will learn how you can easily get freelance blogging job if you will follow some simple principles that will increase your chance to get approved for that freelance blogging job from the company.
Are you looking for freelance blogging job? Plenty of companies and websites hire freelance bloggers, and making a good first impression is vital in getting a freelance blogging job. Grab their attention beginning with the first sentence of your email.
Good freelance blogging job attracts a plenty of applicants. What can you do to get one of these highly sought after positions?
Let’s take a look at some of the ways to convince a company that you’re the right person for the job:
1. Subject Line: If the job posting doesn’t require a particular email subject line for applications, then use a creative line to grab some attention. After all, bloggers are supposed to know how to get people’s attention.
2. Writing Samples: Send four or five relevant writing samples. If it’s a technology blog, obviously send samples that shows your knowledge of current technologies. If you haven’t written articles on pertinent topics before, write five fresh blog posts. Also include a link to your blog and to your guest posts, if you have any.
3. Personalize Your Email: Find the name of the applicable person and address it to him or her. Demonstrate your interest in the job by providing some specifics about the website and the topics the website covers. Don’t use a template.
4. Be An Expert: Find a few niches you enjoy and become an expert on the subjects. Include relevant keywords in the job application email. Show how you’re familiar with brands and with the industry. Also, show some confidence in your writing!
5. Adhere To The Requirements: Read the job listing carefully and follow all the instructions. If you don’t, your email, along with any application materials, will probably get deleted.
6. Don’t Write Like A Content Writer: For most blogs you need to show some personality. Be creative and don’t just copy an article and change some words. Provide original material.
7. First Sentence: You don’t have much time to impress the website owner so grab his attention with the first sentence. Make a good impression. Stand out from the crowd.
8. Value: Demonstrate in your email that you have valuable skills to offer. Show why they should hire you. Use action verbs and descriptions. Make them want you. Don’t be boring!
9. Resume: Send a professional resume that focuses on your blogging and writing experience. If you’ve worked in the website owner’s industry, then make sure to emphasize it. Also, offer to send letters of recommendation.
What Blog Owners Want?
- Quality Writing Abilities: They seek bloggers with creative writing ability. They want bloggers who are proficient with spelling, punctuation, grammar, and editing.
- Show Some Passion: Blog owners want a blogger who is passionate about their topics. In your writing samples and in all your communication with the blog owner, demonstrate your interest in the blog’s niche.
- Social Networking: Many website owners require bloggers to be familiar with social networking. Actually, be more than familiar with social networking: try to become an expert. Participating in social networks may be part of the job.
- Self-Motivated: Busy website owners seek a blogger who can come up with his own topics and take care of problems, including technical problems. They want someone who can meet deadlines and who stays up-to-date with the industry trends and news. They don’t want someone who yawns a lot!
- Mulitmedia Expertise: Many blogs are about more than just words. They also offer images, video content, and podcasts to their readers.
- Community Building: Businesses want bloggers to be community builders who can increase traffic over time and maintain an audience. Build a rapport with the readers.
- Skills: Many companies look for bloggers who have search engine optimization, marketing, and public relations skills.
- Attention Grabbing Skills: A lot of blog job descriptions include words such as passionate, enthusiastic, vivacious, and unique. Don’t be bland.
Freelance Blogging Job Websites
Part-time freelance blogging adds to your income. There’s a lot of competition out there for jobs, so your initial email needs to really stand out and have some flair.
Following these tips will certainly help you find some great freelance blogging jobs.
Have you had success as a freelancer? If so, comment on this article and share some of your tips!
Top 10 Search Terms:
• freelance blogging jobs • freelance blogging jobs india • how to get a job as a blogger • freelance blogging