This is a guest post by Chris from ContactLensesCheapOnline.com
If you spend a lot of time blogging i.e. as a computer user – for money or simple pleasure – you have probably formed the bond with your computer. After all, you spend many hours staring at the screen and coming up with ideas.
Have you ever stopped to wonder what this could mean to your health?
There is no better time than now to focus on yourself. You must make sure that you take care of your eyes properly. If you don’t, your online aspirations could come to an end sooner than later.
Here are Five eye care tips for bloggers:
1. Talk To Your Eye Doctor About Your Concerns. Are you worried that you are spending too much time in front of the computer? Are you experiencing headaches, blurry vision, and other related problems? If so, only your eye doctor can tell you if these symptoms are related to too much time on your computer.
2. Wear Glasses If Need Be. Why are so many people afraid of eyeglasses? Even though you may not like the way a pair of glasses can change your appearance, soon enough you will realize that this is for the better. When you wear glasses you can improve your sight. And when you improve your sight you will be much comfortable working at the computer.
3. Do Not Wear Your Contact Lenses All Day. This is one of the mistakes that I made for several years. Day in and day out, I would insert my contacts in the morning and wear them for 12 or more hours. Once my eye doctor found out about this, he told me to stop immediately. Instead, he suggested wearing my contacts for no more than 8 hours per day. The other time, I simply wore my glasses.
4. Use An Anti-Glare Monitor Screen. Believe it or not, many of your issues may be related to the glare of your screen. While tweaking the brightness of your monitor could help, this is only going to get you so far. By adding an anti-glare screen, though, you can cut back on most of the glare. Subsequently, you can avoid eye strain which often times leads to headaches and blurry vision.
5. Break Time! How much time do you spend at your computer during one working session? Some people have no problem working for 5 hours straight, if not longer. Even though you may be getting a lot accomplished, this is taking a big toll on your health.
You should take at least one short break for every hour that you spend in front of your computer. This will give your eyes a rest and help you become refreshed. Yes, you are losing out on work time when you do this. However, when you finally return to your monitor you will feel refreshed and ready to go.
Ask Yourself These 3 Questions
Do I ever get headaches after working at the computer for an extended period of time? If this is a regular occurrence, it is safe to say that you are having vision related issues.
Has it been several years since I visited my eye doctor? You should get your eyes checked at least once per year. This will help put your mind at ease.
Would I be more productive if I didn’t have to deal with vision problems? Imagine what your day would be like if you could see your monitor more clearly and without straining. If you take the right steps, you can realize that this is a possibility.
If you find yourself working at your computer for extended hours, follow these tips to help protect your eyes.