3 Culprits that Rob a Blogger Off His Creativity

by Knit Rave · 40 comments

This is a guest post by Knit from Content Axis.

As an avid blogger, creating interesting and reader engaging content has always topped my priority list. As a matter of fact, I have always felt that somehow I have to remain creative to create compelling content.

You would also agree with me that we fellow bloggers have to literally make ends meet and try hard to get the taste of creativity.

It is just like an ice-cream that everyone wishes to have but only the person capable of making payment gets to taste it.

Who is Creative?

If you think being creative is synonymous with intelligence then you are wrong. Refurbish your thinking and always remember that only a person who is free from all worries (and, of course, has little mind) can be creative. Being smart or intelligent is no criteria for being creative. In case, you are an average person with no exceptional IQ than others, you will be surprised to know that you can also be creative.

If Creativity Comes so Easy then Why Not Every Blogger is Creative?

It is quite natural of you to think that why not me? I had also thought so when I started writing blogs. The starting days were okay but when I completely entered the field (read it as lived, ate and slept blogs), I found creativity had left me. Immediately unable to figure out the reason, I went ahead with retrospection and found the following culprits responsible…

blogger

1. Assessing and Crafting Simultaneously

I tried to write and assess simultaneously. This shoved me in a fix. I wasn’t able to figure out what to do- write or assess? This reason stopped me from creating creative masterpiece. And, I figured out the solution.

When you create content, just think of what you have to write on and start with it. Once you are done, then segregate the ideas you think are inappropriate. Don’t stop after every sentence or two and start pondering whether it is right or not. Doing this will rob you off your flow and creativity too. Never restrict your flow of ideas. Let them flow. Build a dam and restrict the unwanted ones after finishing the whole write-up.

2. Don’t Hesitate to Question the Masters

Undoubtedly, there are many experts in the blogging field. And, it is not possible to follow everyone. What you can do is listen to everyone and question on anything that you are unable to understand. Many of the great people in the world had faith in them and went ahead with what they thought was right. The path which led them to success might not be the right one for you too. Devise your own and follow it with convention.

3. Overcome Your Fear of Being Unsuccessful

If you think that with your very first post, you will be the hot selling name in the blogging field then it may or may not be true. I mean what if your first blog is not a success and to say the worst, remain unnoticed. For some obvious reasons, fear of being unsuccessful or not making it big, set in.

Avoid this fear but not too hard. Success and failure are interdependent. In your attempt to succeed, if you attempt at evading failure, success might not come to you at all. After all, you can succeed if you take chances. In the absence of your efforts, there will be no room for success and learning. You will feel great (just like I did) when you come up with exceptionally unique ideas and implement them, even after a recent mistake that has happened.

These are 3 culprits (your habits) that rob you off your creativity. Believe me; like I eliminated the habits that held me back, you can also do the same. Know the practices that keep you back from being creative and get rid of them to see your creativity bloom.

About Knit Rave

Hi, I am Knit and work for content writing company. Here I share Knowledge on content writing, ways to improve it and its relation in the SEO field SEO copywriting SEO content writing Writing on topics related to SEO field is my passion. I am a full time writer and love to gather knowledge in the field (SEO, SEM, SMM, SMO) and share it in the form of posts. Deliberated by my passion and experienced gained in Content Axis, I submit guest post for various sites.

{ 40 comments… read them below or add one }

John Ernest June 24, 2012 at 8:46 pm

These are really useful tips for the success of any blogger. Another tip that I would like to add is that in writing, grammar and logic comes last. When writing, you should write just about anything that comes into your mind and don’t mind the spelling, grammar, and logical assertions of each sentence and just let your ideas flow. Once you finish writing, you will notice the red lines and green lines all over the place, that is the time that you enforce your Grammar and spelling skills. Doing this would let you write and not get mental blocks while you do.

Ayla June 29, 2012 at 10:27 pm

I really enjoyed reading this because I’ve been feeling a bit low on creativity for quite some time now but now I know why. I’m really thankful I got to read this post because now I know what to look out for. Thanks a bunch! :)
Ayla recently posted..Hello world!My Profile

andrew July 2, 2012 at 10:39 am

Hi Knit,
Vary interesting post.Really these three are vary important and 3 point says about fear”Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain”When you give a chance to fear then fear can’t give a success to you but when you overcome fear then success is vary close to you.Thank you for sharing.

Sara Stricker July 9, 2012 at 11:05 pm

This article was great to read. Sometimes, it is really difficult to come up with content people will care about. This reminded me to take my time and make sure everything I do is good quality :)

Phil July 11, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Very good advice on the creative process of blog writing.

There are times when it is a struggle to formulate ideas and present them coherently. When I am writing I prefer to have all other programs closed and just have open a text document – so no Facebook, Twitter, email etc which can become such a distraction. I must admit that I really have to concentrate on the task in hand to get the creativity flowing and to produce quality posts.

Once I have written the post in draft I will then check any areas that I am a little unsure of and re-word and tweak those parts as necessary.

Thanks again for an insightful post and for sharing your thoughts.
Phil recently posted..The Creative ProcessMy Profile

Emma July 16, 2012 at 2:53 pm

I think a lot of bloggers get put off when they are not seeing any views of their content or shares on social media. Keep going though no matter how small the response and if you write great content you will no doubt be successful in the end!

Derek August 9, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Hey Knit,

I’ve always found when I’m having trouble being creative, I need to take a break. And by taking a break, I mean I need to do something completely different from the task at hand. So if I’m trying to write an article, then taking a break might mean going outside and shooting some hoops. This almost always refreshes me enough to come back in and be creative again. This type of break feels like it “frees” your mind at times to actually allow you to access your creativity.
Derek recently posted..Text Your Ex Back Review • Does Michael Fiore’s PDF Work?My Profile

stalyn September 30, 2012 at 2:17 am

Great stuff. Sometimes what really get me is my own laziness. I guess i just need to be more proactive if I want to see more results.
stalyn recently posted..GoDaddy.com Is Giving 30% Off No MinimumMy Profile

Jenny October 2, 2012 at 2:53 pm

I personally feel that the fear of not writing up to someone’s expectations is the major obstacle that deprives a blogger of his confidence which in turn affect his creativity.
Jenny recently posted..Writing Custom Research or Term Paper is No More a Hassle!My Profile

Svetlana Koslov October 10, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Great post to read. Thanks for the distinction between intelligent and creativity and the influence free time has over creativity..This reminds me why I hated working two jobs just to make ends meet
Svetlana Koslov recently posted..GREEN FASHION: Solar Powered BikiniMy Profile