5 Reasons Why SEO Marketing Doesn’t Excite You

by Black Seo Guy · 73 comments

This is a guest post by Antonio Coleman from TrafficColeman.com

Some people just don’t get it after all the time being online; reading major blogs that are talking about seo and not really understanding what you’re reading.

You are out there looking for those answers to major questions..like does seo work and can it work for a person like me?

The people who ask questions like this have an augment but most of them are asking just to find a reason not to use seo. Some people feel that seo is not achievable because its something everyone is not doing so it must not be worth your time. Many people are the monkey see monkey do type of people who do as others do. They don’t think for themselves at all when it comes to marketing.

Many of them look for answers from people who are getting traffic from doing things other than seo. Like social media or some form of PPC, which is good but I think getting free traffic is better.

In my seo marketing series I try to at least break it down to people so they can understand it in a an easy language terms but most people still fall under the  following…

SEO Marketing

Too Lazy

They say if you want to get something done then never give it to a lazy person. These are the people who say it’s too much work to try to rank for one keyword.

They say that its better to spend a little money on adwords than to fight through the wars of seo marketing. So for this reason we see most of them give up before even building the first link or posting the first article on e-zine articles.

Not a Believer

Some people simply don’t believe seo is something you can gain free traffic from. I had a person tell me that they think Google sells their top rankings at a price and if you know how to do it then you don’t need seo.

Before I fell out off my seat I had to break it down to them and say this is the reason they have Google adwords, which is where people can spend money to gain traffic and rank above the ‘normal’ search results..

There is no way in the world they are selling top spot because they’re looking for a level playing ground and want competitive results coming back.

Stuck On Facebook

The Facebook marketers are the ones that get caught up in the environment which is Facebook now. They feel like Facebook is the king of traffic and no one can tell them different. I feel what they are saying but it’s not smart to put all your eggs into that basket of social marketing.

It’s true you can get tons of free traffic from Facebook and gain many subscribers if done right. But the thing is that you are limited and it’s not a search engine so don’t treat it as one..at least as of now. So Facebook is great but its worth doing a little seo if you really want to target millions.

Not Focus

One big thing about the internet is that you can get sucked up in all of this marketing talk. I’m talking about guest blogging to social media in which tons of blogs talk about all day differently.

So your mind is going all over the place and hence your focus is just not there. You want to be able to concentrate on one marketing avenue but it’s just not going to work because of your lack of focus.

Takes Too Long

Many people will say that seo takes too freaking long and no one in their right mind will market a site for 3 months in hopes of getting hundreds if not thousands of visitors each day through Google. No one is that crazy and so for that reason I’m not doing it and I wish the people ‘good luck’ who does.

The thought of marketing a website for that long can run some people away but for those who understand the power of it are the ones who reap the benefits. Like they say…good things comes to those who wait.

So people need to just sit back and relax to embrace what seo have in store for them. My seo FAQ’s page was somewhat designed to at least give you guys a blue print into knowing what is seo and how it can benefit your website. Remember thispeople don’t plan to fail but fail because of lack of planning.

“Black Seo Guy “Signing Off”

About Black Seo Guy

My name Is Antonio Coleman and seo marketing iswhat gets me out the bed in the morning times. Not saying I know everything about seo but I can say I know enough to dominate any niche. My TrafficColeman Newsletter can be a place for you toalways stay updated on all my seo content. See you at the top..

Visit my website →

Gabriel Gutierrez July 20, 2012 at 3:57 am

Good article. now there’s much reason to be more excited about SEO marketing. I think one should just be more patient. I am encouraged to work harder with SEO marketing. Thank you for sharing your post.

TrafficColeman July 23, 2012 at 1:48 am

Seo is powerful and fun if you can get to number one. I just love playing that game to watching a site move up the ranking.

“Black Seo Guy “Signing Off”
TrafficColeman recently posted..Now Download Latest Links From Google WebmasterMy Profile

Mike Jones July 21, 2012 at 2:44 pm

I think the last point is what many people use against Seo. We all know that Seo does take longer time but it gives you long term benefits at free of cost(if you do it self) or at low cost.

TrafficColeman July 23, 2012 at 1:51 am

Free is what i like so if you can gain that free traffic from seo then I say it can saved you thousands.

“Black Seo Guy “Signing Off”
TrafficColeman recently posted..Defeating Google Penguin and Panda – Mystery SolvedMy Profile

Kelly P. Stanley July 26, 2012 at 2:57 pm

People have not yet grasped why they need SEO on their sites. I usually have hard time explaining to my clients why they need to pay extra to get their website ranked higher in Google. They think that, being a web developer, it’s my job to not only build them a site but to rank it as well.
Kelly P. Stanley recently posted..Let’s compare ecommerce software available in the marketMy Profile

TrafficColeman August 2, 2012 at 9:42 pm

That’s funny because many of my clients think those same thoughts…but its up to us to educate…I wrote a short post that you can give to your potential clients to help them understand it a lot better..take a look http://wp.me/pI0tk-2fu

“Black Seo Guy “Signing Off”
TrafficColeman recently posted..How to Get More Email Subscribers Like Rock StarsMy Profile

Dipa July 28, 2012 at 6:40 am

wow!clearly you are very passionate about this subject. So totally agree with you that putting all eggs in one basket in not the way to do SEO. That apart, only the white hat tactics work.
nice post-one that every newbie should take seriously and put as much passion in SEO as you have!

TrafficColeman August 2, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Dipa..I say its wise to learn seo and do it the right way but don’t’ think of it as a savor..just as a means to stay alive online and relevant.

“Black Seo Guy “Signing Off”
TrafficColeman recently posted..How Much Faith is Too Much Faith?My Profile

John July 29, 2012 at 7:45 pm

I agree with the first point. Many people are too laze to do routine work everyday for a long time. They don’t understand, that only persistence will give exciting results.
Fortunately, while such people exist, we can be calm and do our work without many competitors)))
P.S. thank you for a great pic)))
John recently posted..New Version 6.1.0 of Worksforweb Classified SoftwareMy Profile

TrafficColeman August 2, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Man that’s on point..the less people in a race a better you and I have to win..great point.

“Black Seo Guy “Signing Off”
TrafficColeman recently posted..7 Reasons Why Small Business Email Marketing Is So PowerfulMy Profile

Mair July 30, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Nice article. I would like to say, search engine optimization takes time to get, it weeds out the people that haven’t any long run plans and are simply longing for the short and straightforward answer.

TrafficColeman August 2, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Your right..it get rid of those people who are not serious and only want to put junk online.

“Black Seo Guy “Signing Off”
TrafficColeman recently posted..Verify a Domain with Google Webmaster CNAME RecordsMy Profile

Ishan Verma July 31, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Ishan Verma recently posted..31/7/2012 – Indian Games Schedule in London Olympics 2012My Profile

TrafficColeman August 2, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Working smarter due to the penguin attack is a must if you want to stay on top.

“Black Seo Guy “Signing Off”
TrafficColeman recently posted..Google Algorithm Changes Hasn’t Been Posted For June and JulyMy Profile

gary August 6, 2012 at 5:41 am

I think the reason why for some, SEO marketing is not exciting is because results can be seen and felt overnight. It takes couple of time, effort and in truth money. You have to work hard for it and utilize the SEO methods properly so that you’ll earn your spot in Google rank.

TrafficColeman October 12, 2012 at 12:54 am

Working hard is a under statement because it takes more work then anyone knows. It stands from doing content to building links on other sits. This along makes people want to quit.

“Black Seo Guy “Signing Off”
TrafficColeman recently posted..Do Your Website Looks Like This In Google Search?My Profile

Judy Holcombe August 11, 2012 at 1:45 am

It really takes time to get significant results. I’d like to compare it with planting rice, you need to maintain and nurture it everyday or else it may wilt. Patience and seeking for new ways to improve are key in SEO marketing. It takes out the people that target short term results and success, it also makes it hard for us but it will be beneficial in the long run.

TrafficColeman October 12, 2012 at 12:56 am

Time is what most people don’t have when it comes to online seo marketing. But if you can manage your time then you have a slight chance of making it to the top.

“Black Seo Guy “Signing Off”
TrafficColeman recently posted..Manual or Automation Linkbuilding? Which Is Better For SEOMy Profile

Rudra Rawat October 10, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Nice article..s. I usually have hard time explaining to my clients why they need to pay extra to get their website ranked higher in Google,Its really helpful to know about what is SEO Marketing.
Rudra Rawat recently posted..HP ElitePad 900 Price,Features & Full SpecificationsMy Profile

TrafficColeman October 12, 2012 at 1:04 am

Rudy..clients sometimes just don’t get it so you must open there eyes with valuable info that will put their minds in mood of saying..”yes I need this”

“Black Seo Guy “Signing Off”
TrafficColeman recently posted..Stealing My Content Is OK But Only If You…My Profile