In the last week a new ad network has launched – PerformancingAds.
Bloggers who have been around for a while will know that this isn’t the first time Performancing have ventured into the ad network space – they previously launched a network back in 2006 but closed it down last year during a period where they when through a management restructure and ultimately were sold.
Performancing Ads is a state of the art ad network, built from the ground up, by experienced publishers and advertisers. The development team included an all-start cast of well-known Internet professionals such as Ryan Caldwell, Chris Garrett, Sean Hickey and Randa Clay.
Here’s How It Works
- The ads are based around the popular 125 x 125 pixel banner ads that you see on many blogs (including the ones you see in Templates Treasure sidebar).
- It is a self service system where advertisers sign up, submit ads and pay for them all via Performancing and then they send you your share of the revenue at the same time each month.
- You can book your own ads for free – might seem a little silly but if you have spare spots and want to fill them with ads pointing at affiliate programs or even key parts of your blog you can fill them with internal ads.
- Publishers are put into a Marketplace where your blog will be shown to prospective advertisers looking for blogs to advertise on.
- They have a traffic exchange system where you allow other blogs to show their ad on your blog in exchange for credits which can be used to display your ad on other blogs. You also earn credits by selling ads.
- The Revenue Share – You earn a minimum of 60% of what the ads sell for – Performancing takes the other 40%. This will be tiered up as high as 90% for publishers for ‘better performing publishers’ (not sure if that is based upon sales or traffic)
- You have control over where the ads appear, how many are shown and even some control over how they look (like spacing between them)
- You can create multiple regions on your blog so have the ads appear in multiple positions
- You can filter out ads you don’t want to appear by adding words for keywords and/or domains that you don’t want advertisers from
- Advertisers buy ads based upon weekly increments
- They have a premium program where if your blog has over 250,000 US pageviews per month they can sell ads on your behalf in different size ad units (728×90, 300×250 and 160×600).
- You have control over what ads are priced at. You can also set ads to be no-follow ads (or not).
- There is a WordPress Plugin to help manage these ads if you’re a WP user